- This research takes the updated the .jp domain list (which has about 105 million domains as of Sep. 2008) twice a month.
- It gathers the information about IPv4 and IPv6 capability of each .jp domain servers service like DNS, Mail, and Web from registration information.
- The current status of IPv6 support on each services are gathered by a result of "dig" command on UNIX environment.
- Judgment method:
- DNS server survey: Resolve NS record of target domain and check the address type.
- Mail server survey: Resolve NS record of target domain and check the address type.
- Web server survey: Resolve AAAA/A record of www.<domain> and <domain>.
If AAAA record is exist, the target domain is defined as IPv6 ready.